Senior Construction Project Manager APPLY NOW
Senior Construction Project Manager
Our team is committed to renovating previously abandoned Detroit houses and helping bring back Detroit, one block at a time. The senior construction project manager oversees the construction process, from start to finish, and works directly with contractors to execute the design of the home on time and on budget.
- Manage multiple home renovation schedules and deliverables, including the intersection of construction and television production schedules
- Manage and ensure project materials are on site at the appropriate times
- Maintain proper construction workflows and accounting practices
- Work directly with our network of contractors to meet construction deadlines and achieve our construction standards
- Increase our network of contractors by vetting new contractors
- Create timely reports and status updates on all projects
- Problem solve any problems that may come up in the renovation process to meet deadlines
- Take full responsibility of project completion and deadlines
- 5+ years of construction project management and/or home renovation/building experience
- Knowledge of the entire home building process including but not limited to basic knowledge of foundation systems, framing, exterior cladding systems, roofing systems, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, drywall, and finish outs
- Strong organization skills and habits
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project timelines simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Must have a vehicle with a current driver’s license
- Must be able to lift objects such as concrete bags and drywall
- Carpentry skills and knowledge (ability to do trim, install flooring, framing, etc.) preferred
- General contractor license strongly preferred
- Ability to manage construction permits
- PMP certification preferred.
This position is in person and in office in Metro Detroit.